The guiding principle of our safer gambling campaign, Changing for the Bettor, is to be the most trusted and enjoyable betting operator in the world. This is based around 7 pillars;
1) Understanding the problem and best solutions – we have announced a five year, multi-million dollar project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
2) Educating our key stakeholders – including the national rollout of youth education programmes with the charity GamCare – the largest project of its kind in the UK, as well as a state- school awareness campaign with EPIC risk management.
3) Promoting responsible attitudes – leading the industry in recently agreeing on a ban on pre-watershed gambling adverts on television, around live sports.
4) Empowering customers – rolling out ‘markers of harm’ algorithms to all UK facing parts of the business.
5) Funding treatment for those in need – increasing our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling ten fold, from 0.1% to 1% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
6) Championing responsible product design – developing more responsible product design principles.
7) Drive cultural change within our business – ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business.